turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I thought that if you got the NetSpend card you would get your tax refund 2 days before the refund date?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I thought that if you got the NetSpend card you would get your tax refund 2 days before the refund date?

No.  You get you refund when the IRS issues it .  That "two days early' thing refers to some other situations--not tax refunds.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I think it says "up to..."  two days.

The first person that commented is ignorant. They say on their websight that yes your taxes can be refunded early. This means when the bank gets the info they can go ahead and give you the funds before they would drop regularly. They only do this with paychecks and government direct deposits. (Taxes, SSI, etc) Please, don't answer a question if you don't know what you're talking about xmasbaby0

@kaitlinstevers14 You misunderstood.  The IRS--and only the IRS--is in control of when your tax refund is issued.  If you have a Netspend card it might post to that card sooner than it would post to an actual bank account, but it does not post to the card before the IRS releases the refund.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0 is correct.
DamianLO
Intuit Alumni

The NetSpend card is a great way to receive your refund. You will receive your refund in the same amount of time as you would receive any other direct deposit refund. Currently the IRS is issuing refunds in approximately 21 days after your return is accepted.

Please see the link below for details on checking your status:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Will my stimulus come on my NetSpend card 

Yes you will! If you gave your netspend information on your 2018 and 2019 returns. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies