mymalovesme

The name of the fiduciary on my Final K-1 is wrong. Does this need to be corrected before finishing my taxes or can I continue and send?

If the name of the fiduciary is wrong on my Final K-1 does it need to be corrected before sending in my taxes?

tagteam

" If the name of the fiduciary is wrong on my Final K-1 does it need to be corrected before sending in my taxes?"

Provided the name of the trust/estate and the EIN (taxpayer ID number) in Part I of your K-1 is correct, the name and address of the fiduciary is somewhat immaterial as that information does not get transferred to Part III of Schedule E.

Further, the K-1 that you were issued is for your information and for you to enter on your own income tax return. The actual K-1 form that you entered does not get transmitted (or sent) to the IRS.

tagteam