turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS shows that my federal refund was deposited into my account on the 22nd, but my bank says it's not there...what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

The IRS shows that my federal refund was deposited into my account on the 22nd, but my bank says it's not there...what do I do?

Your bank is allowed by law to hold onto your refund for up to four business days before releasing it to you (you can thank Congress for that).

If there is anything incorrect about your direct deposit information - the name on the account (must be yours), the RTN or the account number - the IRS will mail you a check. Mailed checks can take up to a week to arrive.

If there was nothing wrong with your direct deposit information and you don't have your refund within a week, you can contact the IRS by following the instructions below.

You will need to fill out form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund and mail it to the IRS. You can get the mailing address from where to file and use the address for NOT enclosing a payment. 

For more information, contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service.
Jdr918

Do They have the right to keep the deposit 8 days 

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

The IRS says "Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds," please see more by clicking here. Additionally, if you used refund processing (had your fees for TurboTax paid for with your refund), TPG will process that transaction (deduct the TurboTax fees, then transfer the payment to your bank account). If that is the case, you can track that process by clicking here

Luvlepeech
Returning Member

Well SBTPG has had my refund since 3/25. As of today, they have yet to pay TurboTax OR me. No one will give me an answer as to why my refund has not been sent to me 

Once you have confirmed that your refund has been released by the IRS and you have selected a Refund Transfer from Santa Barbara TPG you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting their website. 

Check the status of your Refund Transfer

For more information, please see the link below:

TPG Santa Barbara Tax Product Group

Manage cookies