ooovelvetseaooo

The IRS shows that my federal refund was deposited into my account on the 22nd, but my bank says it's not there...what do I do?

MiriamF

Your bank is allowed by law to hold onto your refund for up to four business days before releasing it to you (you can thank Congress for that).

If there is anything incorrect about your direct deposit information - the name on the account (must be yours), the RTN or the account number - the IRS will mail you a check. Mailed checks can take up to a week to arrive.

If there was nothing wrong with your direct deposit information and you don't have your refund within a week, you can contact the IRS by following the instructions below.

You will need to fill out form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund and mail it to the IRS. You can get the mailing address from where to file and use the address for NOT enclosing a payment. 

For more information, contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service.