Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

neffyp

How many business days does it take to see my return in my bank account?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PeterM

How many business days does it take to see my return in my bank account?

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, incomplete or inaccurate tax returns may require further review and could take longer than the normal processing time.

Additionally, beginning in 2017, a new law requires the IRS to hold refunds related to tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until mid-February. Under the change required by the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS must hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC and ACTC — until February 15. The IRS will begin to release EITC/ACTC refunds starting February 15. However, the IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely won't arrive in bank accounts or on debit cards until the week of February 27 (assuming there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit). Read more about refund timing for early EITC/ACTC filers.

IRS representatives can research the status of your return only if:

• It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
  • It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return, or
  • The Where's My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.

If your tax return includes EITC or ACTC, you should only call if the Where's My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies