turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My original 2017 1120s was accepted but I need to amend it. I followed the prompts to file an amended return, but I get "not eligible for e-filing"

I filed a 2017 1120s but I need to amend it. The original has been "accepted".  I clicked on amend a return, picked the return to amend, corrected it, checked "yes" that I was amending a return, but when it was time to file, it keeps telling me "not eligible for e-filing".  What am I missing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

My original 2017 1120s was accepted but I need to amend it. I followed the prompts to file an amended return, but I get "not eligible for e-filing"

The IRS does not accept amended e-filing of returns. You will need to print out the amended return and mail it in. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WillK
Intuit Alumni

The IRS does not accept amended e-filing of returns. You will need to print out the amended return and mail it in. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks!  You would think Turbo Tax could have mentioned that somewhere.  Is there an amended return form? Turbo Tax Help has been worthless on this subject.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies