turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Accepted date prior to transmitted date

turbo tax is showing my return was accepted on 01/23/18 but says it was transmitted 01/29/18.  How can it be accepted before transmission?  I was supposed to get my refund today but did not.  I checked the IRS refund tracker and it says it is being processed.  Is this normal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had the same question. Even the dates you mention are the same as mine. Transmitted 1/29 , but accepted 1/23. 

I called the IRS this morning and asked about it. They said that they may very well have accepted the return on 1/23, however actual processing of the return will not begin until 1/29.

Using this timeline, 21 days will be 2/19. If I dont have any updates by that time, I will call them again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I had the same question. Even the dates you mention are the same as mine. Transmitted 1/29 , but accepted 1/23. 

I called the IRS this morning and asked about it. They said that they may very well have accepted the return on 1/23, however actual processing of the return will not begin until 1/29.

Using this timeline, 21 days will be 2/19. If I dont have any updates by that time, I will call them again.

EdwardLO

The dates are a little off because the IRS did not start processing e-filed returns this year until 1/29. The date that TurboTax provides is simply an estimate of 21 days from the date the return is submitted, and not take into account any delays. The best estimate to use would be 21 days from 1/29. You can also continue to check the IRS tracker on a daily basis, as it is updated generally every 24 hours.

chops1

Whats odd is on the IRS website I had the bar showing and now they removed it and it looks like they never even received it.   Definitely has me a little concerned.  First time this has ever happened.

I am assuming this is a problem that many who may or may not have filed on the same day as we did are experiencing. Mine had the correct info for the first week. Then it said transmitted on 1/29 and accepted on 1/23. Mine also states that my refund should get to me on 2/13. However, if the previous person is correct, we must wait longer.... :(. This is my very first time filing taxes for myself. I am excited that it was so so easy...

Manage cookies