Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do i have to wait till February 15th until i see my return??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you have EIC and/or additional child tax credit included in your refund, the IRS will not begin processing refunds for those returns until Feb. 15. They say not to expect the refund until the week of Feb. 27.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

If you have EIC and/or additional child tax credit included in your refund, the IRS will not begin processing refunds for those returns until Feb. 15. They say not to expect the refund until the week of Feb. 27.

No

That's not technically true I think that they will not start giving it out until February 15th but I am almost positive that mine is completely done processing I could order my transcripts that and it says I will be getting mine on the 16th because of the situation this year but they were done processing it on the 2nd of February but mine was also in the early batch I know mine is done processing I think that they are already processing them they are not just updating or information on the IRS site until the 15th I would just check on the 15th and see when your direct deposit  day will be but I'm pretty sure everybody will have some type of an answer on the 15th if not a couple days after that.

Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers
The IRS will begin to ....RELEASE... EITC/ACTC refunds starting Feb. 15. However, the IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds  ...LIKELY... won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the week of February 27 -- if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit. This additional period is due to several factors, including banking and financial systems needing time to process deposits.

RELEASE... means that they will start releasing it on the 15th.. if not releasing money at least  leasing DDD... but I still think that some people will probably be getting their refund on the 15th as well

LIKELY.... means that most likely not everybody will receive theirs the 15 probably the rest will receive it around the 27th.
erikascott55
Returning Member

I USE GREENDOT FOR MY PAYROLL PAYCHECK AS WELL AS M TAXES FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS. I RECEIVE MY PAYCHECK A DAY EARLY. I WAS AN EARLY FILER TOO. I FILED ON 01/05/2017 AND RECEIVED AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL FROM TT  ON 01/12/2017. SO, COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT ON THE 15TH I CAN GET MY REFUND. I ORDERED BOTH OF MY TRANSCRIPTS BY MAIL AND ON THE TRANSCRIPT IT HAS MY CYCLE CODE 20170405 AND THE PROCESSIMG DATE 02/13/2017, SO DOES IT LOOK LIKE THE 15TH OR THE 27TH

Well nobody knows absolutely for sure except of course the IRS but I would think that we would get it between the 15th and the 27th but I'm hoping that most of us get it on the 15th we need to just cross our fingers and pray

How do you go about ordering your transcripts? I filed ours on the 5th of this month i think and am just curious about it all. Hoping it comes in sooner rather than later. We need it asap..

You go to the IRS site and where you can search you put in transcripts it will take you to a site where you can do it online or order

You can see your transcripts online and download them or you can order them and have them sent to your home

I just ordered my transcripts, does that mean I'll be getting my refund soon? I fall under that earned credit as well. Can someone answer me, please?

Okay well here's one for you guys I ordered my transcripts from the IRS a couple of weeks ago underneath my old address because I just moved to South Carolina from Georgia and I was able to order them I had to call into Georgia and do an address update with them that was one of the things that was holding my Georgia refund which I still have not received I decided to see if I could reorder my transcripts since I got my transcripts from my old address they're sending me all the mail from there for the next 30 days anyways so went to reorder it because I did not get the 846 code I had the 150 code and some people are reordering their transcripts to see if they got the 846 code I put in my previous address and it would not let me order them so I I put in my new address to here in South Carolina and I could order them don't know how they got my new address because  I had not given it to them yet  and don't know what that means but I'll just have to wait a few days before I get them I'm pretty sure that means that I will have the 846 on my transcripts I was wondering if anybody else had the same experience or if you could tell me what this means if you know thank you

See this IRS article about tax refund Myths: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/irs-answers-common-early-tax-season-refund-questions-and-addresses-...>

I don't have a ddd. Or anything. I filed Jan 26th. Accepted the 29th. I can download and view my transcripts. Tell me go ahead and print a copy. At the top it say prepaired for my name and then says 02/13/2018. Which is today's date. But I've had my transcripts since my return was accepted. Any ideas
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies