turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amending my return

I filled my return last week and I already received my return. I needed to amend my return because I received a 1099-R form. I also owe for state taxes. I need to mail my amend in but just want to know what I should do about the money I already received.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

Amending my return

That is fine that you received your refund. The IRS actually prefers for all payments and refunds to process before you try to amend. Also, the amendment Form 1040X and instructions are not yet final. You can do what you want with that money, or you may choose to use it to pay what you owe to the State. It is your choice.

When the amend instructions have been posted and form 1040X finalized (estimated to be ready by mid-February), they will appear in this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MollsBBU

Amending my return

That is fine that you received your refund. The IRS actually prefers for all payments and refunds to process before you try to amend. Also, the amendment Form 1040X and instructions are not yet final. You can do what you want with that money, or you may choose to use it to pay what you owe to the State. It is your choice.

When the amend instructions have been posted and form 1040X finalized (estimated to be ready by mid-February), they will appear in this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies