Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

This is the issue I believe everyone who got their refund on Turbo card is having. It’s not automatically picking up the banking information as it would any other direct deposit information.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I filled both 2018 and 2019 with tt and i have a turbotax card still nothing and when i went on the irs website it told me to enter my bank info i did for the turbo card it told me it didn't match their records then i tried to enter info for another card and it told me it didn't match their records then locked me out of the website for 24 hours im soo stressed this is absolutely crazy 

• Whywill it not

It absolutely is! And I blame the card issuer, bank, and whoever else because it should not be this difficult for them to automatically pickup the banking information for these turbo cards. If we received our refunds on these cards, Why would we need to go through this again.?

Me and several others as well. It said no information and to update.

Yes.  They do.  It's the same program used for all other tax companies and feeds through same system

If they are putting it on those tt cards then its now Thursday and we still havent received anything. And going to the irs portal it says they have NO dd info.. Wtf??? Got the **bleep** turbo card. Wont ever do this again

The money will NOT go on your card you must go to the IRS web site they will ask you your social, last year's tax info, refund received, or tax amount paid. Then you will be asked your bank info for deposit. It is a scam of some kind that TurboTax does not just come out and tell us all this. 

Thank God I found this forum.  I used Turbo Tax for my 2019 tax return.  I opted to have my fee taken out of my refund through Santa Barbara Bank TP (Third Party).  It is all over the web (yesterday and today) that the IRS has made an error, and sent thousands of stimulus checks to Third Parties instead of the taxpayer bank account.  You can't get through to the IRS.  I called the Customer Service line for Santa Barbara Bank and they have an automated message about this.  It says that they rejected all stimulus checks and they went back to the IRS.  So does that mean that I have to use the tool on IRS to enter my bank account information, or does it mean that I might get my stimulus check mailed to me, like in September, or do I just do nothing and wait because I'm on Social Security Retirement???  Any response is appreciated at this critical time.  Thanks.

You won't. Go to IRS web site fill out forms for where's my stimulus check. You'll need last filed tax amounts, refund or tax paid amount, and then finally they will ask you for your current banking info.

No it really doesn't go on the card, but by all means sit there and do nothing and wait....

For everyone that is getting the error message that has filed jointly. Meaning Married try using your spouses SSN. I got locked out of mine, so I had my husband sign on enter his info and it all worked went through and said it was going to be direct deposited. 

Also make sure you read the info they want. It will tell you with the little gray qustion marks above the question. You will need to refer to your w-2 it will ask you specific questions and it tells you on what line of your w-2 you should look at. 

What is the answer or question about chime??? I'm with chime it's an online banking that provides a card I been with them since 2017 I have direct deposit from my employer I have never had a problem with my direct deposits if anything was to occur they provide information or updates on the situation before hand.

@homeoffice896 if you have not recieved your refund yet, then I would go to the irs website and enter your routing number and account number for your chime card. 

That's weird because turbo tax offers that option if you dont want in sent by mail by using there Turbo tax card! Smh, here comes the run around

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies