Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

What's your situation like? I just did mine earlier

If you sign into the turbo card application itself, and hit the FAQ button underneath the help option... It plainly states that we will receive our money on the turbo card the minute they have it. 

I literally go to the irs page go to get my payment and enter all the info and payment status not available pops up and than locks me out for 24 hrs I filed with turbo tax paid there fees and no advancement or loan so I’m screwed 

The situation is complex. 

I did a lot of research on it today because I was in the same situation.

Majority of those that have received their stimulus money on the turbo card are those that did not receive turbo tax advance and those that didn't elect to have their filing fees taken from their returns.That means their direct deposit info ( Green Dot routing and Account # given them)went straight to IRS for their refund.

Contrary to those of us who received refund advance and had our filing fees deducted from our refund.

The company that turbo tax used to load us the money received the refund from IRS,deducted their advance and filing fees from it then sent the remainder to our cards.

This tells me that our direct deposit info is not in the IRS system. 

The "get my payment" page told me I'm eligible but they don't have my direct deposit info so I put in my info and submitted it today. I'll let you guys know what happens after.

@Nick0707  Are you a dependent or did you say you were allowed to be claimed as a dependent? Because that’s usually what that means.

Wait 24 hours if the "get my payment" page locked you out and make sure you have your info ready especially your AGI whether you're using 2018 or 2019 return. 

Your AGI could be found on either 8a or 8b depending on what year your using. 

Then be ready to put in you direct deposit info.

Nah they said they couldn’t determine his status, my sister had the same issue but she put down that she was a dependent. So she couldn’t get it.

Quit copy pasting answers that are lies. There are whole news articles talking about how turbotax users who ised yalls debit service would have to use the get my payment portal from the irs. Yall disgust me still making people think the money they need will sill come from yall. I hope you and everyone who is affilited w turbotax gets corona

Make sure your AGI is correct. It can be the cause. It happened to me.

Wait for 24hours and try again. It took me 48hours to get through .

Good luck 

Luvbug315

Has anyone with the Turbo Debit prepaid card received their Stimulus? Is there a problem with these cards? I have yet to receive an email or my payment.

you need to go to irs.gov and enter your banking information if you want the DD to go on your TT card. 

I want to say Thank you to those that have stepped up and helped/helping everyone. None of us are CPAs. We are a group of people that have spent hours replying to each other and trying to help each other. 

We are all stressed and have anxiety over this situation! I have read countless thread offered as much advice as I could to help others and I literally see tons of you all doing the same thing. 

Its very sad that TT has basically left us on our own! So take a minute and pat yourselves on the back you have helped a lot of people these last few days. 

And as far as TT goes. They need a serious overhaul on how to handle situations in the future. The lack of communication is inexcusable. They should take notes from the community on these threads on how to talk to to people. 

Mel504
Returning Member

I got the same email, and what i received was my federal tax return. The amount i received was the same amount as my federal return. It was no where near the amount of the stimulus. Soo. Im not sure whats going on. And as of tonight early morning of 4/17 i have not received the 1200 that i was calculated on the website. Anyone get there's yet as of 4/16? Any information would help me so much. Thanks

blemon34
Returning Member

Have anybody got their stimulus on the turbo card?

Only people who have not had fees or the turbo advance taken out have recieved their Deposit. 

You have to go to irs.gov in order to update your banking info to get your DD

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies