turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tax refund never received - amended return to add form 1310 does not show refund due

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

tax refund never received - amended return to add form 1310 does not show refund due

Are you talking about your 2019 return?

no 2020 forgot to add unemployment 1099-G

BobJS

Actually I have this exact question.  Kind of.  I filed my mother's 2019 return (as I usually do, as her) in 2020 , 2 months after she died.  The return was accepted but the refund from that year has still not appeared.

I opened the TurboTax 2019 return to try to amend it (to get it to add Form 1310), but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to indicate she is deceased (in the amended process).  Is there a way I can manually add a Form 1310?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You do not need to prepare an amended tax return to prepare Form 1310.  This form can be mailed into the IRS separately.

Please see the attached link for the blank form and instructions.  Assuming you are filing as 

Blank Form 1310 - Statement of Person Claiming a Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer

You will need to mail this form to the IRS office where you file your mom's return.  

Please see the attached link with instructions on where to file your return.  The addresses vary by state.

Addresses to file a return with the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies