Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kellystaxes
Returning Member

Tax Payment Due Payment Method

While filing online tax returns, Turbo tax did not ask me to select to pay tax due via electronic bank transfer. I didn't realize this until the tax return had been e-filed and at that point it was already too late to go back and check/change payment method if there was an option.

Has anyone run into this issue of not being asked how to pay tax due? I certainly want to pay electronically but now I dont know how to add the payment option back? Is there a way to confirm what payment method you selected when filing as I really do not remember Turbo tax asked me this question at all. 

Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have already filed your return with the IRS and it has been accepted, you can choose a payment option through the IRS instead of trying to pay through TurboTax.

For additional information, please see the below TurboTax help article.

How can I pay my federal taxes?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kellystaxes
Returning Member

Hi, I am not sure if I already selected to pay taxes electronically so that’s something I need to find out first. Where do I go to confirm what payment method I have chosen?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you chose to pay your tax bill when filing your tax return, you can find your direct debit payment information and the date you selected for the payment by downloading/printing a copy of your 2021 tax return. Please see the below TurboTax help article for instructions. You will need to select all tax calculation worksheets.

How do I print a copy of my return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

Once you have it downloaded the information will be in two places, on the first page of your Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2021 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund. You can also find the direct debit information on the 2021 Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies