Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Amendment

Hi ,

I have e-filed my taxes in March ( with my SSN and my wife ITIN) as system was rejecting e-filing when i was using my wife SSN number . Then i filed tax amendment around April 20  ,even today  (where is my amendment ) is not showing my details  about 1040  processing receipt . Do i need to wait till it shows or need to file again . Also will i be able to get stimulus check once amendment i processed or tax credit for 2020 as I can hear there is another round of stimulus check on the way .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Amendment

do you think you e-filed your amended return? you can't. an amended return must be printed and then mailed in.  if you mailed in your amended return was that done before the original return was processed.   this could cause a substantial delay in processing on top of the fact that from about February through June the IRS was not processing mailed in returns.  The IRS just started processing mailed in returns a few weeks ago.   TT receives no updates on e-filed returns once accepted and no info whatever on the status of amended returns.  Your best bet is to call the IRS. 

800-829-1040

First choose your language.
Then 2
Then 1
Then 3
Then 2
You should then be transferred to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait

Tax Amendment

I have mailed my tax amendment after my tax return was processed successfully . Will i be eligible for stimulus check once amendment is processed . also when IRS will start processing amendments again any idea ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies