Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone had any luck with the Georgia Where's My Refund website? When I enter my refund information provided by Turbo Tax I get an error.

Still waiting. I have not received it yet
jhhaz

Has anyone had any luck with the Georgia Where's My Refund website? When I enter my refund information provided by Turbo Tax I get an error.

Still waiting. Nothing yet.

Have nothing either and everyone I know personal that filed got state already I filed before these people on 2-1 and I stil don’t have my money. I filed in ga for over 5 years and I’ve never had to wait 90 days what is going on at this point I’m never filing with turbo again this year was the worst and I had no one to help me through it at all

This year I didn’t file with turbo because they tried to charge me. I’ve filed with turbo for the past 5 years prior. This year I actually filled with Credit Karma. It was free! I called the ga tax revenue on Thursday just to make sure it didn’t get lost in the mail(first time filer) they stayed it hadn’t been processed yet. Mind you, I moved from the address I used to file it. The tax ga tax rev office to check your status w/ a live operator. This is ridiculous, if you ask me.

I called today asking how long. Since feb 10, they said I must wait till mid June! And also I realized I didn’t receive my return from 2017!!!! ???

That's terrible, I'm still waiting and I filed the 2 of February. I called a few weeks ago and I was told mid June!!!!
fml888

Still waiting filed Feb 5th!!

You can change your state withholding so that you do not have to go through this again next year.

Still waiting, filed in March, can't ever get an operator on the phone, I've waited 30 minutes plus each time, got my federal 2 weeks after filing, its May 20th, this is absolutely ridiculous

Tax filed   04/15/2019    Today is  07/11/2019   has  anyone gotten a  State of Georgia  Tax Refund yet?     90 days from  April 15 2019  has passed    why do people keep talking about  90 days    where are you counting?     Are you  counting   180days    why  is  Georgia  so  slow  as many people   need work in Georgia and applying for  State  jobs  why are you not hiring   people so they can  work on peoples refund?   Something is  wrong  lots of  input and talk  but  no one   says they got  a  tax refund from the State of Georgia  what  on earth is the  hold up?  ---If  you  respond  please make sure your response  makes  a lot of sense  and  is in  simple english  so all can understand 

I tried the "Where is my refund?" site several times and got the same "does not match our records" response.  I finally called [phone number removed] and found that they did process my refund on April 15 and that my 90 days were not up until August 21.  My pension fund mistakenly withheld taxes for Georgia for 2018 even though I moved from there in 2017.  I mailed a paper return to GA rather than pay Intuit another fee for another state.  Note that the "Where is my refund?" error message says "You may have filed a paper return" like that is an excuse.  They are sitting on the money for their own benefit.

Greetings,

Like many of you, I am a first time filer for the state of Georgia and I have not received my refund check. As you know, first time filers regardless of whether you file by mail or by some other means (TurboTax etc..), your refund will still come in the form of a mailed paper check.

What you may not know is when you check the status of your refund at "Where's My Refund" at https://gtc.dor.ga.gov/_/#5 , before you enter your information there is a message to the right that says:

"Updates for 2020
As part of the Department of Revenue effort to protect Georgia taxpayers from tax fraud, the following business practices are in effect for 2020:

Income tax return processing will begin February 1, 2020.
Please allow 90 business days to process a return and issue a refund.
All first-time Georgia income tax filers, or taxpayers who have not filed in Georgia for at least five years, will receive a paper check."

The assumption is that three months from 1 February, you should receive a paper refund check. But it says "90 business days." Not 90 calendar days.

If you filed on or before 1 February, 90 business days is June 9, 2020. You must exclude weekends and  US holidays. So 90 business days actually excludes 18 Saturdays, 19 Sundays, a state holiday (April 27) and a federal holiday May 25 (Memorial Day).

I hope this resolves some of your frustration. Since it is only April when I am responding to this post and regardless of when you sent your tax return they didn't start processing to 1 February, the absolute soonest you can anticipate receiving a return is in June. Some may have already ready gotten a state return before that time, but that is because their return wasn't flagged for further review. If your return was flagged for further review, they are attempting to determine if your return is from a legitimate taxpayer or fraud.  That doesn't mean you won't get a return, it just means they have to do additional checks to verify, which in turn, creates a delay.

This article explains in detail about the fraud measures the state of Georgia has implemented,

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-warns-2017-state-tax-ref[product key...

Thank you  I'm in Atlanta  Ga and I did get my  State Refund 90 days after I filed  5/19/2020  but as of today it states  Your tax return is still being processed.  A refund date will be provided when available.  the  key word is  

" is still being processed."   A refund date will be provided when available...  This    was a   efile*   and accepted   has anyone   got any updates or got their refund yet  am I the  only one   still waiting?  Thanks you  so much for your response  

Sorry, yes millions are still waiting.  The IRS was closed and is behind.  The IRS is taking longer this year due to Covid-19.   See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Thank you  I'm in Atlanta  Ga and I did get my  State Refund 90 days after I filed  5/19/2020  as far as the IRS  Refund as of today it states  Your tax return is still being processed.  A refund date will be provided when available.  the  key word is   I  have never   ever had issues with the IRS  "Where's my refund site"    or  Georgia State    Today 11/21/2020  when I inquire about my IRS   it states   =  " is still being processed."   A refund date will be provided when available...  This    was a   efile*   and accepted   has anyone   got any updates or got their refund yet  am I the  only one   still waiting?    I'm in Georgia  most of my friends and relatives have their Ga State Refund  but none has the IRS  Federal refund yet   Thanks you  so much for your response  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies