Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pithycom

Still waiting for refund for unnecessary duplicate charges from Turbo Tax

I'd like to think Turbo Tax is interested in ensuring customer satisfaction, but instead I've been mostly ignored the past hour in an attempt to have TT remedy a billing "error"

I wrote to TT to ask for the umpteenth time why I hadn't received payment from TT for $153.90. That's what TT overcharged me when I filed my return mid April.  I had already purchased TT from Costco. I've filed the same way for  many years  purchasing TT from Costco and then filing through TT's website.  Never had this problem before. Was never asked to pay TT directly when filing.  That was automatically included in the purchase price. Don't think anyone is  interested in spending a few hours entering info to complete a tax form and then not filing same. 

Now I'm once again wasting my time. I can only assume TT does this on a regular basis and simply wants to cheat its customers.  I did enter a dispute spending much time on line with TT's reps when I filed my return mid-April.  But never heard back nor did I receive a refund for the amount indicated above, although this was promised.

Should I assume TT does this as a means to increase its revenue stream?  Would TT like to reimburse me for the time I've spent trying to reach them and right after filing taxes in an attempt to have this taken care of?

Gee... should I use TT next year considering its total lack of concern for a legitimate question to an inexusable problem created by TT?

Look forward to TT's reply!!!!

J. Goldstein

[email address removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Still waiting for refund for unnecessary duplicate charges from Turbo Tax

When you purchased the TurboTax software from Costco you were supposed to install the software on a personal computer.  During installation you needed to enter the license code for the software.  After installation you needed to complete and then file the tax return using the software that you installed.

If for some reason you accessed the TurboTax online editions to complete and file the 2022 tax return, those online editions are totally separate from the desktop software that you purchased.  The online editions and the desktop editions are not the same and have different price points.  Nor is the license code you received used with the online editions.

You can contact TurboTax support for this problem with your account.  But it is doubtful you will get a refund for the online edition you used since the return was completed and filed using the online editions.  Use the key words Billing Issue when contacting support.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies