Solved: Something happened to my account, I no longer find my past years returns. What happened?

motorbelly

Something happened to my account, I no longer find my past years returns. What happened?

I have accounts with other intuit products, Mint to name one and I think it had me merge accounts, did this mess things up?

mesquitebean

You likely have ended up with multiple accounts without realizing it, which is a common situation in this forum.  If you used the desktop software (CD/download), then any desktop returns are saved locally and would not be in an Online account.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

If the prior returns were prepared online, log in and go to the Tax Home page.  It may already open by default on the Tax Home page.  If not, you can click Tax Home in the left menu column.    Then on the Tax Home page scroll down to "Your Tax Returns & Documents".    You can click the blue link on the right "Show" to expand that topic, although clicking anywhere on that line may expand it.    Then you should see a list of prior tax years. Click on the one you need.

If you do that, but find no evidence of prior returns, then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.  To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es), then go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

mesquitebean