Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sgrantham

Someone explain!

I filed and was accepted for federal and state on March 4 2021 and my status hasn’t changed from processing in weeks so I called the IRS ... THIS IS WHERE I get confused on my account I can see the unemployment adjustment on my federal and my state went from a balance to 0$ and when I download my taxes I can see the adjustment on a 1040 form but the IRS said they don’t have any of that and that they haven’t even processed my return for the adjustment to be applied... so like is that all TurboTax’s doing? Both the adjustment and the 1040 form adjustment BEFORE the irs ? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Someone explain!

THIS IS WHERE I get confused on my account I can see the unemployment adjustment on my federal and my state went from a balance to 0$ and when I download my taxes I can see the adjustment on a 1040 form but the IRS said they don’t have any of that and that they haven’t even processed 

are you looking at the Turbotax return or a transcript at the IRS? Turbotax online should have put the return back to what was shown when you filed. Turbotax desktop does no such thing. if you opened the desktop copy after TT updated the software your returns will reflect the nontaxable portion of the uC and won't be changed back to what was originally filed. 

when did you file?  the IRS is far behind in processing returns especially those that had UC. that's because they are doing the automatic refund but have stated this could take all summer. 

if you e-filed and got an acceptance e-mail the IRS should have your return even though it doesn't yet show up in its system.   if you mailed it without tracking or proof of delivery info, good luck, there's no way to tell if the IRS ever got it. m 

all you can really do is check your refund status on the IRS website once a day ( note that the website is sometimes having issues) . the status of returns is only updated once a day. 

Sgrantham

Someone explain!

When I log in to my turbo account I see my ORIGINAL amount when I go to add a state I see the adjustment made in my account. And I can see the 1040 form when I go to download my return FROM my turbo account 

Someone explain!

TurboTax doesn't make it easy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies