Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Some people have dates for thwir returns, I would like to know if there is a date for mine. I have already checked the irs website and it still says processing?

Some people I know have the dates of 2/20/18-2/22/18 and I filed before or the same time as them.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RobinB

Some people have dates for thwir returns, I would like to know if there is a date for mine. I have already checked the irs website and it still says processing?

If they were accepted, I would not worry.  If there were errors, they would have rejected. You would have gotten a rejection email stating the reason, and a link back to TurboTax to fix it and resend. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobinB

If they were accepted, I would not worry.  If there were errors, they would have rejected. You would have gotten a rejection email stating the reason, and a link back to TurboTax to fix it and resend. 

RobinB

If you are receiving an EIC/EITC, here is an explanation from the IRS of the timeline. I am posting the link below 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

he IRS states the you should receive your refund in 21 days from the date the return is accepted by the IRS.

The IRS may take up to a week to update your return status.

If for any reason, there is an issue, the IRS will notify you by mail.

You can always call them.  1-800-829-1040

There are a few ways you can track your tax return.

SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Go to our e-file status lookup tool to get your current status (Accepted, Rejected, or Pending)

If Accepted:

If your federal return is accepted by the IRS, use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If your state return is accepted, use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general

Also, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2018 (estimate), if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If Rejected—If the IRS spots something missing or contradictory (for example, if two ex-spouses both list the same children as dependents), the IRS will “reject” the return.

• If you see “rejected,” you need to do a little more with your return. Read our Rejection FAQ for details.

If Pending—This means your return is still in transit or the IRS is backlogged and hasn’t processed it yet.

• After January, it usually takes the IRS at least 24-48 hours to process your return, so you may see “Pending” for a couple of days or more. (During January, it often takes longer.)

Mine was accepted the same day as others and the also filed the eitc and child tax, same as me. When will I know a ate or if something was wrong would turbotax notify me?
RobinB

If they were accepted, I would not worry.  If there were errors, they would have rejected.

Thank you Robin!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies