turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I chose to have my refund mailed to me instead of direct deposit and have a dependent. It said it was sent on the 26th how long do I have to wait to receive it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

I chose to have my refund mailed to me instead of direct deposit and have a dependent. It said it was sent on the 26th how long do I have to wait to receive it?

According to the IRS, returns that are mailed via paper check takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Please take a look at the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/at-01-48.pdf

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

This timeframe is from the date the IRS receives your return.

It was accepted on the 12 of feb. so does that mean I have at least two wks to wait
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

It would be roughly 6-8 weeks from that date. You may feel free to track your refund by using the link below.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/where...>

How do I contact them about facing a hardship
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may contact their main line which is 1-800-829-1040 or you may wish to contact your local office; you may find that number by using the following link <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office">https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-...>

Oh okay thanks! I thought they said it takes that long only if you mailed not electronically.

I have all my mail forwarded to my po box. Will they still forward my refund check to my po box even though my head of household address is different and goes to my po box???

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

So you e-filed? If that is the case then your should receive it within 3 weeks after the IRS accepted it. The 6-8 weeks that I was referring to was if you mailed your return.
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Give them a call at the number I provided to make sure that any concerns with the address are resolved.

Yes I e filed. The 12th. But I read that usps will not forward any mail from irs and all of my
Mail is fwd to my po box. I’ll call
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Yes...definitely give them a call.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies