Coleen3

Can you tell me how is my tax return already accepted? Your website says the IRS will not accept taxes until January 29th. Just wondering how mines got accepted prior?

It has not been officially accepted by the IRS. It is in a queue at TurboTax waiting for the IRS to open. Once it does, your return will be immediately transmitted to them.

jamiem2122

So why would Turbotax tell me it was accepted intead of leaving it as pending? It says on the website that "accepted" means the government has it. Maybe im reading something wrong
Coleen3

See Opus 17 answer above.
jamiem2122

Ok thank you. Mine must be part of this IRS HUB Testing Program I've been hearing about. Thanks again

What most people don't understand is that tax providers don't "push" tax returns to the IRS.  The tax returns go to various data warehouses, and the IRS connects and downloads them according to their own schedule, timetable and priorities.  Once a return is in the data warehouse, only the IRS can determine when to download it and begin processing.  They always do some early tests, but it's not announced and we don't even know if it is dozens, hundreds, or thousands, or more.
jamiem2122

Never heard that before, but you know more than i do.
creuter420

accept on the 01/17/18
creuter420

Both state and fed
jamiem2122

Yes
reneekale

@jamiem2122 mine was accepted the 24th. Received email from turbo tax as well, 1 bar on WMR. Hopefully will have a date soon.
camille4224

Mine was also accepted on the 24th. Hoping to see some movement next week. Anyone know how often they update WMR?
reneekale

es:
Sunday 12:00 am (Midnight) to 7:00 pm
Monday 12:00 am (Midnight) to 6:00 am
Tuesday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Wednesday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Thursday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Friday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Saturday 3:30 am to 6:00 am and 9:00 pm to Midnight
camille4224

Thank you @reneekale
reneekale

@camille4224 did you claim any of the credits? I saw on another thread some has a DDD of 1/31.
jamiem2122

What is DDD?