Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grits

Length of time between refund accepted and refund approved (with tax offset)

This year we filed our taxes on 1/22 and it was accepted by the IRS on 1/24. We do have a small tax offset for our state income taxes, but we're still expecting a substancial refund.

I started checking the WMR website on Monday and it is still saying that our return was accepted, but hasn't approved our refund yet. Today was the first day that it had a link about Topic 152, but it still doesn't say our refund was approved. Last year we also had an offset and I was surprised by how quickly we got our refund. If I'm not mistaken it was in our bank in less than 3 weeks.

Does the Topic 152 link mean that our refund is close to being approved? Is the tax offset delaying the approval of our refund?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Quetta

Hello grits:

You have nothing to worry about. You were accepted meaning they did not find any mistakes etc. Now all you have to do is continue to wait to see when you will get your refund.

The majority of tax refunds (9 out of 10) will be issued in 21 days or less from the time of acceptance. To track your refund go here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/wheres-my-refund-its-quick-easy-and-secure 

Hope this answers your question. Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

Best Wishes!
Quetta 🙂

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Quetta

Hello grits:

You have nothing to worry about. You were accepted meaning they did not find any mistakes etc. Now all you have to do is continue to wait to see when you will get your refund.

The majority of tax refunds (9 out of 10) will be issued in 21 days or less from the time of acceptance. To track your refund go here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/wheres-my-refund-its-quick-easy-and-secure 

Hope this answers your question. Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

Best Wishes!
Quetta 🙂
grits

Does the Topic 152 link being added overnight mean anything?
mhp-lisa

Yes, and I think it is for different reasons. I filed 5 peoples taxes on same day with mine being first. Well, they all received their refunds back but mine has a 152 at bottom and I have not received mine yet so I know there is a problem, not sure what.

I was accepted on the 28,, still havnt been approved yet the turbo tax site says expect to receive refund dd on or before the 21  should I count on this

not true my due today and nothing still processing

i called irs it will take 6 to8 weeks more to process because they are looking at all info from last year to compare and make sure your the one who filed so we all have to wait

Topic 152 is a disclaimer.  I filed on 2/6 along with my daughter.  She received her refund on 2/12. I still haven't received mines

<a href="mailto:forneyandrews9@gmail.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">forneyandrews9@gmail.com</a>......... I filed in January and WMR is still saying ....still processing a refund date will be issued when available. I can not see a transcript for my 2015 return My previous years return have codes 806 and 766 and I still have not received a letter. Can Anyone tell me about these codes?  What does a minus (- ) sign mean next to an amount on your transcript ? Is that amount credited to your account or what ? Please Help !!
mindyj92

That's not true. Accepted means that they have gotten in, approved means no mistakes and it's on it's way. Sorry just had to correct that so people weren't confused if they got denied after accepted

So if they are accepted that doesn't mean that they haven't found a mistake?  I think I messed up on mine.  I was briefly married this year, we are separated, and I filed Head of Household, everything I have, w2's, school information, business info, etc, all came in my name before I got married, and when our divorce is final I am going back to my name before we got married, so I filed in that name, the same name I have filed in for the last 13 years.  However, my social security card is in my married name, I wasn't even thinking about it because I have already went back to using my other name.  Will my taxes be rejected?
dynastyp

The Irs matches your SSN with your name based on what's at the social security office.
dynastyp

Also you can not file HOH if you husband lived  the household with you any day of the last six months of the year. You most file Married Joint or Married Separate  . If you  file MS you do not get EIC credit or child credits. If you filled MJ you will get EIC. If your husband owes the IRS and you dont want them to  take your money you most fil3 MJ and turn in an Injury Spouse form which says for husbands debt is not yours
jmse0313

My refund message is that 152 message.  We aren't getting eic so I'm not sure why it has not been approved yet

How can you find out if you have an offset on your account w/o contacting the IRS?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies