Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So i ordered my bank card but i froze the card on my citizens app I believe that means my account is frozen but i am not to sure would my taxes still come into my account once i unfreeze is? Because i

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

So i ordered my bank card but i froze the card on my citizens app I believe that means my account is frozen but i am not to sure would my taxes still come into my account once i unfreeze is? Because i

We suggest calling your bank to confirm if freezing your card also freezes your account.  

If your account is frozen, your direct deposit will be declined and sent back to the IRS.  If this happens, the IRS will mail a paper refund check to the address listed on your tax return.  

Reference:  What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Your account number and your card number are two different things. The IRS uses your account number. This is why theu ask for the account number and the routing number. If your card was frozen because of theft or loss, your account is still open, you just cant uae that card and will need a new one for POS and online purchases.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies