Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So feb 16 I filed my amended tax return it has now been well over 3 months it's middle of August. What do I do who do I call? I called and gave to ext number n they gave?

How do I go about getting my money
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

So feb 16 I filed my amended tax return it has now been well over 3 months it's middle of August. What do I do who do I call? I called and gave to ext number n they gave?

Amended tax returns are taking the IRS at least 20 weeks to process and even longer.

You can check the status of the amended return at this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

Well it has been more then 20 weeks it's been 6 months since I sent it in 

If you efiled the return successfully or mailed it in then all you can do is wait for the IRS to process the amened returns ... there is no way to speed up the process.  

@mosthated-1 what did the website say about the status? 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

That it's been received but however has not been processed I called them gave the ext. And the told me they needed a additional 30 days n that as well has been past

as long as they have it (which you have confirmed), there is nothing you can do but be patient. 

what was the error you were trying to correct? just curious. 

you can always call again for an update. if you were amending 2022 which you had filed earlier you may have created your own problem by submitting an amended return before the original was fully processed. if you filed the amended return by mail it takes longer to process because that has to be checked out by a human after the original is processed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies