Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

@meika175 I was just told that I would receive a letter that will tell me why my taxes reported don’t match my employers. I’m beyond tired it’s been two weeks and I haven’t received no letter, but there’s a penalty apparently
meika175

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

@guevarareina They told you we would be subjected to a penalty? Or are you referring to the interest rates they are supposed to pay us since we've yet to receive our refund

@meika175 they told me I might have to pay a penalty because my information didn’t match my employer. I’m beyond confuse, I don’t even know what’s the disconnection with my taxes, but yet they want to charge me money.
 They also gave me 30 days to return the letter with a response but I haven’t received no letter. I’m giving up on receiving that money.
meika175

@guevarareina woowwww this is insane! Ive been waiting on that letter for weeks but called back Monday and supposedly no such letter will be mailed out -_- They didn't tell me anything about a penalty. But how is it your fault that what you reported and what the employer reported is different, especially when your information comes straight from the W2. Im going to call back tomorrow and see what they tell me this time
meg7772

Austin Service Center
IVO,STOP six five seven nine dash AUSC three six five one SIHthreefive
Austin Texas seven eight seven four one
I had to spell it all out but this is the address they finally gave me yesterday to send in my Ws to. Hope this helps!!
tdoss1225

@mimiikei that's crazy. Now you have to wait until the end of the month for an update. I'm on the phone with them now...let me see what the story they will tell me today...ughh
meg7772

Good luck!!!
tdoss1225

@mimiikei so basically they just told me the same thing that my w-2 info didn't match and i should receive a letter by July 11th stating what phase it's in and they may ask me to send in the w-2 or they may just ask the employer to do so. So it will take a little bit longer for review so give it another 60 days. This is agg!
meg7772

If I were in your situation I would mail a copy now anyway instead of waiting for some letter from them. At least maybe you'll be a little a head. I am waiting on another letter as well but they did give me the address and tell me what the said
mimiikei

@tdoss1225..That sounds about right!! They did me the same way but with a tax advocate i knew what was going on before my 60 days was up. They already have my w2s i sent in april and still no expedite in my situation. But my tax advocate said im in the last step of my amendment, which is processing completion. On june 29 she calling me back, hopefully with a dd..im trying my best to keep hope b/c usually she'll call me every 30 days but she only gave me 14 days for irs to complete everything this time. So the wait is rough. I dont understand why they dont work on it during the 60 days. Had a referral 3 weeks ago. My wmr has not updated at all. Its truly the worst tax season ever too me. And next year will be even worst# inmytaxadvocatewords...
mesolis87

My Initial file date Feb 10th. 60 days from my notice was up on May 14th. My referral was done on May 14, then 3 weeks of waiting after my referral was sent I called and the IRS rep told me it was closed out and sent to a different department for further verification and I should be receiving a notice by July 1. I called back again this week and was told by the IRS rep the same thing, about something with my W2/my wages. He also stated I should be receiving a letter. He was nice enough to provide me with the address to send in my W2 that is in question, but did said it will take 4-8 weeks to process once they get it. I sent it priority mail today so I can track it and make sure they received it. The post office said they'll get it Monday so I'll give it 2 weeks before I call back again and see if anything has changed. I just hope this speed up the process, but I still don’t think I'm getting my refund till the end of the summer. Sucks!!!
Also the address given to me listed below:
*can't write out the numbers on here so I'll have to spell them out*
Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center
IVO Stop *six,five,seven,nine*
AUSC  *three,six,five,one* South IH*three,five*
Austin, TX *seven,eight,seven,four,one*

I filed my taxes and they were accepted on January 29th. My WMR never showed any bar. It just said that it was processing. I received a letter dated February 26th telling me that I was being put under review. At 45 days I called and they said that it'll probably take the full 60 days. Well 60 days came and went. Then 70. Then 80. I called countless times and they just kept telling me I need to wait out the review and they were not requesting anything further from me. I finally got a letter in the mail stating that as of May 21st, I was being put under an additional 60 day review. Out of all of the times I called no one could give me an answer. Finally, after I received that letter, I called them again. They said my "income isn't verified". I'm at a loss because I input exactly what was on my W-2's. It's so frustrating! I'm just trying to be patient and wait until July 21st, when the second review will supposedly be over.
Does the IRS really have to pay you interest when there's a delay in getting your refund?

Yes, the IRS pays interest

@mesolis87 so you can send the w2 even if the letter hasn’t arrived?
mesolis87

@guevarareina In my situation I was told from the IRS rep to send it in, even though I didn't receive my letter because he knew what they were gonna ask me to send so to speed the process up he told me too because he said once you send any corresponded it takes 4-8 weeks to process. They closed my referral out on 5/24 and was told i should get a letter with-in 6 weeks from then, saying what's the issue is and what I need to send, but I still haven't received my letter yet and I'm suppose to by 7/1.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies