Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tdoss1225

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

Lol I understand. I try to forget but I remembered it was Saturday and I said let me check, just to get upset all over again
meg7772

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

It's just crazy!!!! I have even said I would go to my local office or send in my W2's like anything to speed it up and everything I suggested they have told me no and it will just slow it down even more. Insane!!
mimiikei

@tdoss1225..No update for me this week but im still keeping hope, its been only 2weeks since referral was sent. My tax advocate that i have had for 7weeks now; is scheduled to call me bck on june 12. Im praying for good news. Also contacted a member of congress thats has been on my case for almost 2 weeks. She did tell its pending for update on june 12 also so ima see what happens.

im in the same boat no letter from irs turned over to tax advocate two weeks ago still nothing where do u find the bars on wmr it says being processed tell me how to check my bars
meika175

Im at a loss. As of today I am going through the same exact issue. I was told today that the referral sent could not determine anything so they were sending my refund over to examination and this could take up to 45 days. This occurred on 6/1/18. Keep in mind my return was filed on 2/12/18. I called a few weeks ago after the referral was sent and was told my income I reported and what my employer reported does not match and that I would be contacted to send in pay stubs for verification. However when I called today inquiring about why I haven't received that letter I was told there is nothing documented about a letter but that my return has been sent to exams. Anyone else going through the same issue?
meika175

I also left out, how can the income I reported be different then what my employer reported when the information came directly from my W2??? Im beyond confused

Maybe your employer never submitted their copy of the W-2?
mesolis87

@meika175 I'm going through a similar sitiuation, my referral was sent on 5/14 and then I called 3 weeks later to check the status and was told it was closed out and I should be receving a letter 6 weeks from 5/24 (5/24 was when it was closed out). Thats all they can see to tell me. I still have NO IDEA why my return is under review. I filed on 2/10/18. So now I have to wait to get a letter in the mail and if I dont get anything by July 1 they said call back. At this point I feel like Im not going to get my refund till the end of the summer.
meika175

@mesolis87 This is utterly insane that we are going thru this. I was told the same but when I called to check on the status of that letter I was then told no letter is showing to be sent out. I'm going to call back in a few days and speak to someone else. Everytime I call I get different information.
mesolis87

@meika175 WOW!! Maybe I should call back again. Yea, this is insane.
meg7772

Idk about anyone else but I received my state refund in March so if the employers income didn't match then how was that issued. I understand they are completely different but wouldn't their be some discrepancies there as well??!! Crazy!
meika175

@meg7772 Wow! that's a great point!! Same for me as well
meg7772

They are telling me the same thing. Saying both employers income doesn't match but then I can't send my W2's to them??!! Still waiting on "another letter " that hasn't been sent. June 24 th is when they said to call back. Almost 6 months later. :(
meika175

@meg7772 Ive been waiting for that supposedly letter for weeks now. So I called yesterday asking why it hasn't been sent and was told there may not be a letter and my refund is being examined. I keep being told different information whenever I call so at this point I don't know what to believe. At this rate I may not receive my refund until the fall and that is utter BS!!!
mimiikei

My tax advocate called me this morning, she states that my refund just finished 2nd step of processing and now is going through the last step which is the completion of my refund, states irs forgot to scan some documents i sent over smdh said it would be done june 29 and she will cb on the 29th. Irs have so many lies their telling to people its ridiculous.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies