Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AshWidow

Should I amend my tax return? I messed up my street address. Does this affect it at all/should I just leave the mistake?

HR block didnt put my address on my income taxes right.  I mail them to the IRS  before I realized it was wrong.  The IRS sent my tax refund to the address they used.  How can I get my tax refund  quick 

HR Block mailed them 2/28/20.  

AshWidow

Should I amend my tax return? I messed up my street address. Does this affect it at all/should I just leave the mistake?

HR BLOCK couldn't  do the bank deposit because my husband past away in june. So I wont recieved my taxes or stimulus check until the IRS get my change of address. 

AshWidow

Is there anyway to get my check dispoisted in my checking. Now.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

You can use the IRS portal to update your record with the IRS.

IRS payment portal registry

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  

FAQ for Economic payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I accidently put  the wrong home address and I file  my taxes with turbox tax can you fix it or I have to contact the irs

If your address has changed, you need to notify the IRS to ensure you receive any tax refunds or IRS correspondence.  

Please click Change Your Address – How to Notify the IRS to learn more.

If your return was Accepted you have to change it at the IRS.

Here is a IRS Change of Address form

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

My postal address is right on my federal tax form, but my city is incorrect. I live in Hemingway, SC 29554 not Georgetown, SC 29440. My banking information for direct deposit is correct. Do I have to do anything different or fill out forms.

It would be wise to mail in a form 8822. 

sk5ik
Returning Member

My W2 tax form has correct address,

Turbotax billing order has wrong address.

Should I still fill out the 8822 form ?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

No, you do not need to fill out the form. 

Please click here to contact Turbo Tax customer support, as it is a Turbo Tax billing issue @sk5ik.

sk5ik
Returning Member

I did told her about billing order and she said to fill out the form, sent form a week ago. She said everything looked good I even told her I didn't move.

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

It was not necessary to file a change of address with the IRS since they don't see your TurboTax billing address, but it won't do any harm either. 

sk5ik
Returning Member

So should I call turbotax again, she said it was nothing they could do about it.

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

No.

If the address on your 1040 is correct, you're fine and you don't need to do anything. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies