Solved: Should I amend my 2016 tax return?

Should I amend my 2016 tax return?

In my 2016 Tax return, I inputted inaccurate word in “Recharacterization Explanation” section (instead of “conversion”, I used “recharacterization” ) of my non-deductible IRA contribution in line 15a of 1040. Please let me know if need to amend my 2016 return. Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Should I amend my 2016 tax return?

No, you should not amend your 2016 return.  From the description you have provided, it appears you are saying that your actual tax return is correct from a calculation perspective.  Thus, there is no reason for you to amend your return as there are no tax changes to your return.  If the IRS did notice the discrepancy in your explanation and they wanted to follow-up on it, they would send you a notice and you could simply respond to the notice correcting your explanation.  

Should I amend my 2016 tax return?