Solved: Should I amend my 2016 return if capital gains and losses were not added to my return or can I just add it to my 2017 return?

Should I amend my 2016 return if capital gains and losses were not added to my return or can I just add it to my 2017 return?

It will not affect my 2016 refund

Amend your 2016 return so information is recorded accurately. You can't add a tax from from 2016 to a 2017 return.

So I just need to send in the amended return that printed from turbotax along with the w2's

You don't need the W-2s in this case unless they are part of the amended income. If there were any other new income docs with withholding, include them.

Sorry last question, should I wait until the amended return is accepted before filing my 2017 return?

No, it will take quite a while.

the return i am amending in last year, so do i need to wait to do this years

You can send in your 2016 amendment now and can file 2017 now.

thank you so much

my pleasure