turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

james10

I just started a 2017 return and the information from last years 2016 return is not showing up. 2016 return is listed under "Your tax returns & documents" however.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just started a 2017 return and the information from last years 2016 return is not showing up. 2016 return is listed under "Your tax returns & documents" however.

Should be OK...But try this

1) First get back into your 2017 tax file somewhere...

2)  On the left side of the screen find Tax Tools and click on it

3)  When it expands, select "Clear and Start Over"........make sure you indicate you do want to transfer your prior year info  (they used to have a clear and start over without transferring....but I'm not sure how they list it now).

4) select the program version you want to sue and continue on..

The startup may ask some questions about whether certain information has/has not changed since last year.  AND, mostly empty forms transfer with empty $$ amounts, so don't expect too much.  Some minimally-required carry-over,  and depreciation $$ amounts transfer into 2017 for use in 2017...if needed....but otherwise, only the prior-year $$ amounts show up on the menu pages. 

IF still problems, talk to Customer Support:

.......to Call Customer Support and talk to a TTX representative.

A telephone number to call is provided ONLY when they are open.....The current Operation Hours (P.A.C.I.F.I.C time) are listed here, :

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

(DESKTOP USERS: look down in the lower rt corner for a "click here')

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Should be OK...But try this

1) First get back into your 2017 tax file somewhere...

2)  On the left side of the screen find Tax Tools and click on it

3)  When it expands, select "Clear and Start Over"........make sure you indicate you do want to transfer your prior year info  (they used to have a clear and start over without transferring....but I'm not sure how they list it now).

4) select the program version you want to sue and continue on..

The startup may ask some questions about whether certain information has/has not changed since last year.  AND, mostly empty forms transfer with empty $$ amounts, so don't expect too much.  Some minimally-required carry-over,  and depreciation $$ amounts transfer into 2017 for use in 2017...if needed....but otherwise, only the prior-year $$ amounts show up on the menu pages. 

IF still problems, talk to Customer Support:

.......to Call Customer Support and talk to a TTX representative.

A telephone number to call is provided ONLY when they are open.....The current Operation Hours (P.A.C.I.F.I.C time) are listed here, :

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

(DESKTOP USERS: look down in the lower rt corner for a "click here')

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies