Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Security issues due to listing full Bank Account and Routing Numbers on 1040 Forms

I have a big concern about the security of my Bank Account and Routing Numbers that were listed on my Federal Forms 1040.  Not only did the forms show the complete Bank Account and Routing numbers but these numbers are also being provided to the State Tax Authorities unnecessarily, since I didn't owe any money to them nor was I due a refund, when the 1040 Tax Forms are filed along with the States.  When looking back at my 2021 Federal Income Taxes, the Bank Account and Routing Numbers were fully blanked out meaning that there was an "X" in place of any numbers.  This year when I printed out my Federal Taxes I noticed that the Bank Account and Routing Numbers were fully listed.  In my opinion this is a security issue and possibly an oversight by Turbo Tax.  Does anyone know why this has changed since 2021?  It would help me sleep better at night knowing if this was actually an oversight by TT or if this was done intentionally and furthermore if it could present a security risk.  Thanks to anyone who had a similar concern and who can help me out with this question.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Security issues due to listing full Bank Account and Routing Numbers on 1040 Forms

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I submitted this question a month ago and no one has yet to answer my question adequately.  Please don't send me a link unless it is specific to my question or tell me to call Turbo Tax and be put on hold.   My question is very simple.  Why are my Bank Account numbers showing on my 1040 form when in the previous year TT put X's in place of the numbers.   I hope you know that this is a security risk and if anyone else has had this issues and cares that their bank account numbers have been displayed on their tax forms please respond.  Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies