Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedual D

Dear Customer Service Represenitive:

Federal IRS wants my schedual D.  I don't find it in the uploaded tax documents, it wasen't included in the submitted tax forms submitted.  How can I get my schedual D?  Thanks for your help,

Douglas S   [phone number removed] cel  [email address removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Schedual D

Look at your 2022 Form 1040 Line 7.  Is an amount entered on Line 7?  Is the box checked for a Schedule D not required?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Schedual D

What the IRS is probably saying is that Schedule D should have been included in your tax return, but it was not. You do not have a Schedule D. You can't get a copy of something that isn't there. The IRS is saying that you should fill out Schedule D now.

They might be asking for Schedule D because your tax return has an amount on Form 1040 line 7 and the box on that line is not checked. Or they might have information, such as a Form 1099-B or 1099-S, indicating that you had capital gain income, but no capital gain income is shown on your tax return. That could be because you did not enter a 1099-B, 1099-S, or other income reporting form that you received. One other possibility is that the IRS is mistaken. If you filed your tax return by mail, they could have made a mistake when they entered your return into their computers.

Read the entire IRS notice carefully to try to understand exactly what they think is wrong and what they are asking for.

If you purchased Audit Defense for the year in question, call TaxAudit at 877-829-9695, or report your IRS notice on the TaxAudit.com web site. Do not contact the IRS until you have spoken to TaxAudit. They might contact the IRS on your behalf.

If you did not purchase Audit Defense, you can get help with your IRS notice from the TurboTax Audit Support Center.

If you have further questions, please answer the questions that DoninGA asked above, and also provide all of the following information.

• What year is the IRS notice for?
  • What is the notice number or letter number (starting with CP or LTR) at the top right.
  • For the year in question, did you use TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software? What TurboTax edition did you use (Basic, Deluxe, etc.)?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies