Sbtpg has my refund info, & expected refund amount. But I haven't been approved yet. What does that mean? I have eic, & actc.

As soon as your return is accepted by the IRS, your info shows at SBTPG, it should have your expected refund amount and it will say that they have not received your refund yet.  Once they have your return it will update and tell you when they received it, what they received, what they deducted and when they sent it to your direct deposit account.

My tax was put on hold through sbtpg for suspicious activity. I had to download a copy of my drivers license. Then still wait another 7 days to release my refund. Sbtpg had my return since 2/22/17. I'm not sure why it's suspicious. All my bank information for sbtpg to direct deposit the money to is correct. My boyfriend's was also on hold for suspicious activity.  

I forgot to mention will be paying for tax preparation fee next year from my debit card. I will not let it be deducted from the irs tax refund. I had to do some digging to find out why my refund was not in my bank account. I was getting worried it was stolen. Never received a letter from sbtpg that it was being held for suspicious activity. 

I'm having an issue after using SBTPG. It says my refund was sent today, but, I haven't received it. My bank says they do not delay direct deposits and they credit my bank account as soon as a deposit is received. Is there a specific time of the day SBTPG sends deposits?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

If your return has not been approved by the IRS, SBBT will not have your refund, only the details of your refund.  The expected release date is based on the IRS. If the IRS website has a release date, you can check SBT website to see if they received your refund for direct deposit. Follow the steps outlined on the SBT website.   You can continue to check the IRS website for the release date.

How do I check my e-file status?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230418728-What-s-the-status-of-my-2019-refund-

SBTPG lies. They still aren't saying that they have my refund even though the IRS sent it last week. They are a scam. I've already reported them to the BBB. Good luck getting a hold of them either. They don't have live customer support and they don't respond to emails. Talk about shady.

@Rebekkacogburn  Did you receive an email from our partner Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG) regarding a hold on your federal refund. 

Please see the link below for information regarding this email:

Why is my federal refund on hold with Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG)?

You can track your refund with SBTPG here: TPG Track Refund Login

Also, if you have any questions, you can submit for assistance here: Submit a request – TPG - Taxpayer

You still haven’t gotten yours. I’m having the same problem. Still trying to get in touch with an actual person.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Have you tried this:https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and this:https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/ to contact them? 

Yes, I’ve tried it. Sent two request no response and tried calling. 

Employee TurboTax Specialist

@Jynx

Please try the numbers listed here. This is the contact information we have for them.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information