Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mlwas90s

Routing number on tax form is not what i entered

When i completed my taxes i submitted the proper routing number. This is important due to my needing to make it very clear this is not "user error". After my return was completed I waited for the deposit. As im still waiting for it i went and looked at the bank information. The account number is correct but the routing number is to the federal bank. Explanation as to why its being sent there? Sooner rather than later. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

What number did YOU enter and where did you get that information ?   If you took it off the bottom of a check it may not have been the correct routing number ... look at your check ... do you see ACH + a number on it ?   If so that is the correct local routing number to use for direct deposits (aka ACH deposits).   Nothing you can do now to change what the IRS has ... contact your bank for further instructions.    If the IRS/state deposit is rejected then they will mail you a check to the address on the return ... converting to a paper check can take a month or more. 

Mlwas90s

The routing number i entered was for my bank. Im aware of this because i work for said bank. The routing number the irs told me they sent it to was a 3rd party one through turbotax.  When i look at my tax form (completed return) the routing number was 011000015.. Which a quick google search says is the Federal Reserve Bank.  Not anywhere near my routing number. I did not enter it.

Did you request to have your TurboTax account fees paid by the federal tax refund?  If so, the refund is sent first to a third party processor to have the fees and there service charge deducted, they then direct deposit the remaining refund to the bank and account number you entered on the tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies