Solved: Return rejected, and I did amendment but did not m...

jedorgan

Return rejected, and I did amendment but did not mail it. Can I back it up? correct original and efile?

You do NOT amend a rejected return.   If you clicked on "amend" that was a mistake and you need to un-do that.

I clicked on “amend” by mistake

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552802-how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbotax-onli...

If your return was rejected you can make changes to it and re-file it or you can print sign and mail it.   But do NOT make the mistake of preparing a Form 1040X to amend a return that has never been filed.

You might need to click on Add a State to get back into the return and make changes---what are you trying to change?  Was it rejected for AGI or for something else?

I clicked on “amend” by mistake

jedorgan

Great answer.   I was starting to do the whole thing over. But xmasbaby0 told me how to undo the amend.  I just deleted the duplicate entry and was able to resubmit my return to efile.  The amended return would have taken up to 4 months.  I will be with you guys again next year.  Thanks

John Dorgan