21norman02

Resubmission

I sent my federal taxes by certified mail.  The post office has lost them.  How do I resubmit, e.g. how will I know whether or not they got the first submission?  Should I merely attach a note on the resubmission stating it appears the first submission was lost?  Or is there something else I need to do??

HeatherPLO

Resubmission

If you sent your documents by Certified Mail, someone at the IRS would have had to sign for them, and you should have received that receipt back in your mail that was signed. 

If you did not receive this receipt back, you should resend your documents to the IRS.  Or, you can still e-file if you wish to do this as well.  

HeatherPLO

Resubmission

21norman02

Resubmission

Thanks for the response.  The post office has no idea where the docs are, but they have NOT been delivered.  I guess I will send taxes in again, with a note on the first page that it is resubmission because originals 'lost in the mail'.