Refund

Obviously I used Turbotax for my 2018 return, as I have for many, many years.
Thuis year I sent in my 2018 return on October 14th with a refund of all the tax I had paid - $2,463.
The IRS sent me just $1,795 - Why did I not receive the refund you calculated for me?
Thank you.
BobP
If this is not the correct place to get an answer for this, please forward it and tell me where to go.

Refund

The IRS will mail you a letter explaining what they changed.  Is that the refund on your 1040?  Or maybe federal and state combined?

I would check over your return and see if you can see anything wrong especially in the payments section.  Make sure you agree with all the amounts listed.   Like is the difference the same or close to the refund you got last year?  Maybe you put down that you applied last year's refund to this year?  Or you put down you made a payment with an extension or paid an estimated payment that you didn't make?

Refund

Thank you.

The difference refers to a large business loss, which they didn't allow and which I don't understand.

Refund

Your schedule C had a big loss?  What expenses didn't they allow?  You have to ask the IRS for details.