Refund

Obviously I used Turbotax for my 2018 return, as I have for many, many years.
Thuis year I sent in my 2018 return on October 14th with a refund of all the tax I had paid - $2,463.
The IRS sent me just $1,795 - Why did I not receive the refund you calculated for me?
Thank you.
BobP
If this is not the correct place to get an answer for this, please forward it and tell me where to go.

Refund

The IRS will mail you a letter explaining what they changed.  Is that the refund on your 1040?  Or maybe federal and state combined?

I would check over your return and see if you can see anything wrong especially in the payments section.  Make sure you agree with all the amounts listed.   Like is the difference the same or close to the refund you got last year?  Maybe you put down that you applied last year's refund to this year?  Or you put down you made a payment with an extension or paid an estimated payment that you didn't make?

Refund

Thank you.

The difference refers to a large business loss, which they didn't allow and which I don't understand.

Refund

Your schedule C had a big loss?  What expenses didn't they allow?  You have to ask the IRS for details.

Refund

I file my taxes but my refund never came

Refund

For 2018 or 2019?  It's too early to get the refund for 2019.  The IRS hasn't sent them yet.  Not until February.

For last year 2018

Was your return Accepted?  When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?