turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

I agree not just turbo I called yesterday she said almost everyone is being held additional time because of so many People filing kids they ain’t supposed to. Mine has a freeze because before me and my husband were married he owed taxes(which btw they took last year to pay off) but they put hold on it to make sure everything was clear and no balance which she also said shows nothing due. If it’s clear they should automatically lift my hold but it takes 2-3 weeks! Mine didn’t even start processing till the 24! 

Refund

Check the WMR app and as soon as you see 2 bars, then it should be deposited within 3 days.

Refund

I’m having the same issue. Filed on 2/10 and it’s still saying processing! 

Refund

Provided you did not claim the EITC, and there are no issues, then you should be receiving your refund by March 9th. Now if you did claim the EITC, then it is taking an extra 2-3 weeks for the IRS to process these. Good Luck

Refund

Normally you would receive your refund the first week of March, but the IRS is so backed up with returns claiming the EITC that they tell me that it might take up to 2-3 weeks longer. 

Refund

Goodluck because turbo tax didnt ask anyone this year if they had health insurance for 2019 and it's held up millions of peoples taxes according to the irs so I would suggest calling the irs all though it takes weeks to be able to talk to someone from my experience. this is the whole reason why I have been waiting 35 days still no return to be told I have to wait another 8 weeks!!!!! 

Refund

@Tonbl  You know what I didn’t even realize that till you mentioned it! I use them every year and it always ask but this year it didn’t but i didn’t gross enough that I would have a penalty or anything. Mine isn’t being held up for that tho it’s something else but you are right about it I’ve noticed a lot of people having to send in that form after the fact

Refund

Yeah they aren't holding it for a penalty they are holding it because its required turbo tax ask that question for 2019 its does not matter moving forward but 2019 it was still a required question for them to ask. Yeah I definitely havent got my taxes still so I'm extremely ticked off.

Refund

Shortly after I posted this afternoon I received an eviction notice and electric disconnect notice. I called the Tax Payer Advocate Service after a 2.5 hr wait I spoke with a agent she seemed nice she nice I explained my situation to her she put me on hold for about 10 min  she told me she had contacted my states local advocate service and they would contact me in 5 to seven days I went ahead and explained my situation that my electric was to be disconnected on 3/9/20 that wold be to late her reply was cant you just tell them that it is on its way no I replied because it is not on its way the IRS told me it would still be another 45 days after March 9th. There is no help from anyone.See you all on the streets because they do not care what happens to people.

Refund

I'm trying to figure out why I have not yet got my taxes I filed on January 29th 20/20 and it still has not gave me yet a date it is still saying the IRS is still processing my Texas

Refund

@Tonbl  What I meant was that mine wasn’t held for anything to do with the insurance stuff at all mine is held because in previous years before me and my husband were married he had filed separate and owed money which they took last year to resolve but for some reason this year they still held it to make sure nothing else was owed which the lady from irs told me it shows no balance but it would still be held for like 2 weeks. But turbo did not ask me about the insurance like it does normally. But irs wasn’t holding mine for that reason. This is ridiculous this year tho and tons of people are screwed because of turbo this year! 

Refund

@kyreacher  I know the struggle I had to get advocate last year. It does take time tho but now when I got one last year they contacted me like 2 days later and within a week of it all I had my check! Maybe it will get done soon for you best of luck! In the meantime try local places in your area to see if someone could help. We have places here in Alabama that do not sire where you are or if you have that. 

Refund

@Lanecia99  I was told by irs that almost all returns are being delayed additional 45-60 days because of so many people claiming kids they aren’t supposed too. Thank goodness mine isn’t being held for that reason but it is delayed for something else stupid! 

Refund

@kyreacher WOW!! Sorry to here about the situation and I can tell you from experience that a tax advocate , maybe depending on which one does absolutely nothing to push the process forward. I filed in Jan on the 20th, i believe last year. My return went from being identified ,to review, and then audit. From the identity point,  I had to go to my local office and take my id, proof of 2017 and 2018 returns and my kids information

. After verifying my identity they said  give it 9 weeks so I kept calling to check on the status on occasion and that was in Feb. March roles around and I call again just to be told it was under review. I asked why because I took all my information to the irs in Feb and the rep could not give me specifics, just to wait another 60 days from the date of the letter that they mailed around March 15 or so. Of course i was pissed because I had already been evicted  from my house and was without a car and was paying almost 1000 dollars rent for an apt because i thought my taxes where coming. long story short, I called again probably a week later to be told that I was under an audit. which could take months to resolve. i asked for a advocate and was assigned one and she didn't do nothing to help me. she was terrible. asking for my lease from the house i got evicted from,  and proof my kids are my kids,school record, i asked her did she want my blood as well because i was mad. i sent literally 100 pages of documents to prove what they wanted. finally in august i got a letter saying i was eligible for my refund but it was decreased by 1000 dollars. i didn't care i just wanted my money so in sept, the 11 to be exact i received my refund. i hope your situation is a lot easier than mine but if they need anything from you make sure you comply. also stay on them call them anyway, no matter what they say because that process is literally stressful but i hope you get your money soon. don't let my story discourage you because it may be really soon for you so hang tight

Refund

thank you but i have not received a letter and irs said they did not see anything about sending me one.

I think I will pack all of my families things and move to the irs headquarters and camp out on their lawn.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies