Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbizri91

Refund Status

I filed my taxes back in February 29th by mail since turbotax does not support e-filing for married filing separately and my wife does not have a SSN and ITIN (awaiting her immigration visa). long story short, till now I did not receive my refund yet.  I checked my USPS tracking number and it shows that my tax paperwork was received on March 3rd. Afterwards, i checked IRS refund status, and it gave me the following message "We cannot provide any information about your refund".  I tried to call the IRS, they  are not supporting phone calls due to the covid-19 circumstances.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? and what is recommended to be done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Refund Status

The IRS is not currently able to process mailed in tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

You will not see anything about your mailed in return, until the IRS starts processing mailed in returns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Refund Status

The IRS is not currently able to process mailed in tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

You will not see anything about your mailed in return, until the IRS starts processing mailed in returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies