Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund Processing Service (RPS)

Hi Volvo Girl,
Yes, that is true.  As a 10 year user of TT Deluxe CD desktop, I'm concerned about what just happened.  At the moment of viewing this filing screen to decide whether to use my credit card to pay the state filing fee, or to deduct it from the refund, that screen is silent.  As you can see in the screenshot you kindly sent to me, unless I missed it, it's silent about the consequences of selecting fee payment from either option.  Since both options were offered on the TT Deluxe CD desktop screen with no further information, I erroneously chose to pay the fee from the refund.  Since no key explanatory information is visible on this filing screen, customers are not properly informed.  In this case, not informed of consequences for the payment option chosen on the front end decision screen.  In fairness and full disclosure, customers should be informed of consequences of the payment method choice made on this screen.  The simple fix:  add a brief one sentence "heads-up" advisory on this screen, because it's a decision point with not only additional cost, but may cause  release and exposure of our personal tax information at the RPS and Green Dot Bank affiliates and partners, if we choose fee payment from the refund.   Hopefully TT will update that screen, because it lacks needed information.  I will make a note of this for future filings with TT.  Otherwise, unfortunately, that fee payment options screen is silently deceptive.    

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

@VolvoGirl      @dcdbiz 

I think the above user meant this for you but did not use the @ to send it to your attention.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0 xmasbaby0 (Level 15)  

Thank you.  I'm new to this forum and learning.  

@dcdbiz   Hi,  and in the forum you shouldn't make new posts each time.  You can add or reply on the same thread so people know what you're talking about.  Otherwise it gets confusing with multiple posts.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies