Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund on its way

I received an email this morning from turbo tax (it was their real email), saying “congrats! Your refund is on its way”. I know turbo tax doesn’t usually email you updates, but I did chose to have my payment to them deducted from my federal taxes, so I thought maybe they knew it was being deposited? The IRS website isn’t too accurate for updates, my boyfriend’s IRS tracker says approved but he already got his deposit. Do you guys think that my refund is being deposited based on the email I received? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Refund on its way

That email came from marketing.   Marketing does not know anything about your refund status.   In fact TurboTax receives NO information about your refund after your e-file has been accepted for processing.  TT will never know when or even if you receive your refund.   Use the IRS site for information about your refund.

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2023 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Refund on its way

No.  I think that your return has moved through TurboTax processing and been accepted by the IRS.  This means that IRS is processing and your refund will be coming soon, hopefully.  Technically, your refund is "on its way" once it leaves TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund on its way

I got the same email and was wondering the same thing! I know where's my refund says it updates once every day usually overnight but I'm not sure how accurate that is. It still says processing when I check and its almost to the 21 days since it's been accepted and sent to the irs. I got the email Tuesday morning saying my refund is on its way and congratulations for securing my refund and to find out when its arriving, it's all so confusing, idk who to believe. 

Refund on its way

@acockrell999 Believe the IRS.   The IRS is in control.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies