Zazzle

Refund offset. Stimulus payment method?

I have already E-filed my 2019 tax returns; my direct deposit information was also included. After my return was processed and approved, my refund was offset and taken by the treasury for defaulted student loans. As a result, nothing was sent via direct deposit to my bank.

Does this impact the method in which I will receive my stimulus payment? Considering the bank info was listed on my return, does this ensure my stimulus payment will be direct deposited, even though my refund was offset? Or will I receive a check in the mail since the bank info was never used?

JohnB5677

Refund offset. Stimulus payment method?

The offsets have been suspended on the stimulus checks, except for child support.

mkellman

Refund offset. Stimulus payment method?

I'm in the same situation but the question that was asked was about how the stimulus would be sent- check or direct deposit? Our 2018 taxes didn't have banking info. on it so we are very unsure how we should receive stimulus. I understand it can't be offset (student loans.) Thanks!

Debrawalters

Refund offset. Stimulus payment method?

That's what my understanding was too but I just now filed and Turbotax deducted my owed tax from my $600 stimulus!? My email is [email address removed], that is if you have a reply to this bcause I most likely will miss it here....if you have information would be great!