Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund advance

So the IRS accepted my return on 1/19 instead of 1/29. Ok so they are getting a head start. I thought I was getting the advance within a few minutes of being accepted, but no. I called credit karma they told me to call turbo tax. So I did. Turbo tax customer service knows nothing other then what we can read ourselves. I asked her to speak to she just kept reading the part of the irs accepting it on the 29. I want an explanation of why i don’t have the advance yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Refund advance

If you were approved for the advance and your return was accepted during the early testing period, then you should receive the advance within 48 hours. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

20 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Refund advance

You can't receive a Refund Advance until the IRS has accepted your return, and the IRS doesn't begin accepting tax returns until January 29th this year.

You may have received an email from TurboTax informing you that your federal return has been submitted, but that doesn't mean the IRS has accepted your electronically-filed return. 

After you e-file your return, you should receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one tells you that your return was submitted.  Then, later, you'll get a second email telling you whether your federal return has been accepted or rejected.

Until the return has been accepted by the IRS, your Refund Advance cannot be processed.

See these resources for more information:

Refund advance

I was told different when you do the advance refund once they send you the email that your refund has been accepted they should deposit the advance that your approved for. The whole purpose for you doing the advance is so you don’t have to wait until the 29th to get some of your money! A lot of tax places are doing and people have already gotten some of their money back .

Refund advance

It clearly states the IRS has accepted my refund. 

IMG_3894.jpeg

Refund advance

Turbotax needs more training. They clearly don’t understand what is being said or what is posted to the customer 

ee-ea
Level 15

Refund advance

When will I know if I've been approved?

You won't receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes and the IRS has opened. Loan repayment is deducted from your federal tax refund and reduces the subsequent refund amount paid directly to you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-refund/offer-details-disclosures-ref...

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2024-tax-filing-season-set-for-january-29-irs-continues-to-make-improve...

Refund advance

The irs website even tells me they accepted it I’m not stupid 

IMG_3895.jpeg

Refund advance

And yes I received both emails 

IMG_3896.jpeg

Refund advance

Everything I just posted y’all said had to be done and still no refund advance. So now what’s the answer to why I haven’t received it

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Refund advance

If you were approved for the advance and your return was accepted during the early testing period, then you should receive the advance within 48 hours. 

Refund advance

Ok it was accepted on the 19th by the irs but nothing has came to my credit karma account yet 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Refund advance

You will need to contact Credit Karma.

Please contact Credit Karma on their Contact Us page. 

Refund advance

Jc if you had contacted credit karma and what they had to say if not recieved by now? I was in the process of paying with my credit card to do the same thing that you are trying but after reading all the issues that have accured so far i think i will take my taxes elsewhere bc yes your right other places are giving refunds within minutes of filing & yes it may cost a bit more but they also have higher reviews with less errors to worry about happening again this year. I've already seen so many issues with this service that I have been with for many years that I'm seriously reconsidering at this very moment based on what your reply will be so if anyone has any further info I would love to know what my next move should be.

Refund advance

Ok my return was accepted on the 24th and I applied for the advance but yet to have any response back on it, unlike last year I had an email 6 hrs later but nothing still it’s been ) days since the irs accepted my return, I call TurboTax and all they do is tell me what’s on the their screen, which is nothing not a denial nor a approval. I haven’t received anything back not one single email about the advance. I was told to contact credit karma by turbo and for credit karma to tell me they are only a receipt 3rd party that turbo tax is who I talk to. I call back and get same BS response not ever getting an answer to why I have documentation showing I signed for the advance in my return paperwork but get nothing told but there’s nothing showing a denial or approval for the advance on there screen, asked who I call or talk to about this issue and get told basically you SOL. Can you please help

Julstermac
Returning Member

Refund advance

Mine is the same way. This is bull**bleep** Turbotax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies