turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dawnchappel1
Returning Member

Recovery rebate

I requested a payment trace last summer got no response. I filed my 2021 taxes claimed the recovery rebate credit and was denied ive already received my taxes. Recently i contacted a tax advocate to find out about my stimulus and they put me through to irs. Finally a payment trace has been initiated on my transcripts the code 841 and 767 have recently posted to my account does this mean ill get my stimulus finally? And if so do i have to amend my taxes since they denied my recovery rebate and deducted the amount from my tax check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Recovery rebate

Transcript Code (TC) 841 – This code is officially described as “Cancelled Refund Check Deposited” and means that the financial institution the IRS sent your refund to rejected the payment because the account details the IRS sent them does not match what they have on their systems.

Code 767 Generated Reversal of Refundable Credit Allowance

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Recovery rebate

Transcript Code (TC) 841 – This code is officially described as “Cancelled Refund Check Deposited” and means that the financial institution the IRS sent your refund to rejected the payment because the account details the IRS sent them does not match what they have on their systems.

Code 767 Generated Reversal of Refundable Credit Allowance

Recovery rebate

To add to my post above, you don't have to amend your return for the Recovery Rebate.  The IRS has corrected your information.  You should get a letter from the IRS, the letter can take 4 to 6 weeks to receive.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies