pat3

Received ltr 12c from irs--

"Provide more information how you calculated $5502 on line 21 Schedule A"  

The only thing I can think of is I did not send in for 2106EZ which has an explanation of the numbers. Am I right?

CarolynM

Received ltr 12c from irs--

Correct. Line 21 of the Schedule A in 2017 was for unreimbursed employment expenses. 

They want to see your Form 21006EZ. While you don't have to provide receipts at this time, it would be wise if you can provide details beyond the form such as dates. 

For form details, follow this link: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f1040sa--2017.pdf

CarolynM

Received ltr 12c from irs--

Kdthurmond

Received ltr 12c from irs--

Forgot to file 8962 then filed 1040x  faxed to irs on March 23,2020 still have not received refund or any notification that it was received how can I find out the status of this I m supposed to get a refund 

JotikaT2

Received ltr 12c from irs--

You can track the status of your amended returns using the link below.

Status of Amended returns

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  This could also be a factor in the delay of processing your amended return.

Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations