Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LiHsu
Returning Member

Receive file late letter?

I received a file late notice, is anyone know what happen? Who I should talk to? IRS or Turbo Tax

I use turbo tax efile at Oct 15, 2020, received efile accept message at Oct 15.

IRS record account show this info, I hide the cycle and amount. And yes, it show 2030 in explanation. 

RETURN DUE DATE OR RETURN RECEIVED DATE (WHICHEVER IS LATER)   OCT. 15, 2020

PROCESSING DATE                                                                                                    NOV. 09, 2020

TRANSACTIONS

CODE       EXPLANATION OF TRANSACTION                              CYCLE                    DATE             AMOUNT

150            "TAX RETURN FILED"                                                                                    11-09-2020        

806            "W-2 OR 1099  WITHHODLING"                                                                04-15-2020 

670            "PAYMENT"                                                                                                     10-15-2020

170            "PENALTY FOR NOT PRE-PAYING TAX 11-09-2030"                              11-09-2020

166            "PENALTY FOR FILING TAX RETURN AFTER THE DUE DATE 11-09-2030"          11-09-2020

276            "PENALTY FOR LATE PAYMENT OF TAX"                                                 11-09-2020

196            "INTEREST CHARGED FOR LATE PAYMENT"                                           11-09-2020

971            "NOTICE ISSUED"                                                                                          11-09-2020

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Receive file late letter?

Your 2019 estimated tax due was supposed to be paid by July 15, 2020, even if you had an extension to file.  The extension only gave you extra time to file your return.  It did not give you extra time to pay.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies