Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

goldies3

Rec'd 1099-K late from paypal/forgot to include it in taxes. Payment to me was in error & immediately refunded. Where do I include refunds on 1040X form?

Can't find turbotax option to file amended return.  Return was accepted by the IRS.  Bottom line, need to make sure IRS doesn't think I made the $5,950 as a sell.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Rec'd 1099-K late from paypal/forgot to include it in taxes. Payment to me was in error & immediately refunded. Where do I include refunds on 1040X form?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a prior year tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

do not try to amend in this case since nothing is changing.

If IRS questions you , you can by your records easily show that the money was taken back by the payer.

IRS is not strictly enforcing the 1099-K rules yet  since there was so much pushback and confusion about it.

@goldies3 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies