Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SjonnaB
Returning Member

Will they base the new stimulus off 2019 if your 2020 taxes are still processing

My 2020 taxes are under review so I was wondering would they base the new stimulus on my 2019 taxes as done with the prior stimulus check or will the new stimulus be put on hold? A

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Will they base the new stimulus off 2019 if your 2020 taxes are still processing

Nothing has been officially passed but word is the payment will be based on the most recent tax return filed, 2019 or 2020. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SjonnaB
Returning Member

And if your on review how do they determine it on your 2020 its its not fully processed essentially  dosnt that mean that it's technically  not in their system? Iv been getting mixed answers and opinions on this. Like my 2019 taxes had no issues I have to amend for 2020 but unable to as of yet but I'm still in the same tax bracket I was last year. With even lower income. 

SjonnaB
Returning Member

And I got both stimulus payments no problem but there were no issues with my taxes clearing either 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

We do not have specific information on the income qualifications or procedures for the tax changes including a third stimulus payment because the measure has not been passed yet. 

See here for the most current information on the American Rescue Plan.

IRS information updates can be found here.  TurboTax information updates can be found here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies