turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

abby0809-

Will people that are filled their taxes for the first time in 2020 receive a stimulus check

Will people that filed their taxes for the first time in 2020 receive a stimulus check?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Will people that are filled their taxes for the first time in 2020 receive a stimulus check

Yes, you may qualify to receive a stimulus payment even if your 2019 tax return that was filed in 2020 was your first tax return. There is no IRS rule stating that first-time filers are not eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment and update your direct deposit information if necessary.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CarterCFS

I have a simular question to the one above.  I claimed my 18 year old last year as a dependent  and received the stimulus for myself and dependent $500.  He's claiming himself this year.  Turbo tax is asking if he received the stimulus.  When he puts no,  It kicks in the recovery rebate of $1800.  Is he entitled to the recovery rebate?  

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

If nobody else qualifies to claim him as a dependent and he meets the qualifications himself, then he can qualify to claim himself.

If he qualifies to claim himself and is entitled to the recovery rebate credit, then he can claim it.

Manage cookies