turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will our stimulus checks be deposited to our Intuit Turbo cards where we received our tax refunds or will we receive paper checks in the mail?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Will our stimulus checks be deposited to our Intuit Turbo cards where we received our tax refunds or will we receive paper checks in the mail?

There is no official guidance for stimulus checks at this time.

Here is a Turbotax page where info will be posted as it becomes available …  COVID-19 TAX UPDATES

The IRS has a dedicated COVID-19 page that you can find by CLICKING HERE

Here is the SBTPG site … https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

These pages will continue to be updated with additional guidance as it is released.

Well here's an update. I had to pay to do my tax return because I had some cash income and expenses. I did NOT receive my stimulus payment on my Intuit Turbo card this morning, so I went to the IRS's new tool to find out where my payment is. The site had me enter all of my info and then told me that they did not have my direct deposit information from my tax return and that I had to update my routing and account number so that I will receive my stimulus in my bank account. Please keep in mind, the routing and account numbers that are printed on my 2019 tax return match the routing and account numbers on my turbo card and the card is active. I have my paycheck direct deposited to it every week. So if you used Turbotax and paid for their service you are screwed and now have to wait longer for your payment because Turbotax didn't have the forethought to take care of this issue for their payment customers. I have used Turbotax for my return and for my kids' and friends returns for years and I WILL NEVER USE TURBO TAX AGAIN!!!!

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax will be sending an email to taxpayers that will be receiving their stimulus payment from the IRS on their Turbo Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot on Wednesday April 15, 2020.

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.  Due to heavy traffic you may experience some delays on the web site or phone line. 

If you have any questions, including how to receive a check, please check the Turbo Visa Debit Card site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You're saying there's nothing more we have to do if we have access to our turbo debit cards but when i went on the irs site and put my info in they said i had to enter my banking information because they had none on file for me. Which makes no sense when my bank information is the same as whats on my 1040 which is the turbo debit card/acct

LeonardS has no idea what he's talking about. I do have access to my card. As I said, I have my paycheck directly deposited onto it every week, but I did NOT get my stimulus payment on it today, and, like you, had to update my bank info on the IRS site today because it told me the same **bleep** thing. That they didn't have my dd info on file, even though my tax return matches my turbo card exactly. Its because I paid the fee I owed Turbotax for doing my taxes out of my refund. So the irs sent the money to Turbotax's bank account so they could get paid first and then I got the balance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies