Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my Stimulus payment be direct deposited onto my Turbo Card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding this. If the IRS does not use the same means for the stimulus check as for the tax refund, then they will mail the check to the address on the 2019 or 2018 tax return. Once we have more information, we will be able to provide more guidance. You can also stay updated by continuously checking the following links. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-are-my-taxes-affected-by-covid-19/00/1330402

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any new information on this yet??

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@LHOPPLE We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available.

Please see the link below for more information:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Per the IRS:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

You guys are bull**bleep**. Don't even have a straight answer which makes no sense. Still telling people to file with you and not mentioning that the turbo card apparently isn't a way to get your stimulus funds which makes ZERO **bleep** SENSE. And telling me I have to pay to speak to someone? **bleep** you

I'm starting to think turbo tax is trying to pull something funny with peoples money. On the IRS website it states however you got you tax return is how you are getting the stimulus funds. I am pretty sure the IRS would have stated something on their site if it was going to be any different. I think after this I am going to be done with turbo tax because it's been nothing but problems and nonsense. They set up a site real quick to help everyone else yet we can't even get an actual response? Something just seems weird about this. 

Try Credit karma. They have a free tax service for members and it is better than any I have used. I tried Turbo Tax this year because I thought I would get my refund quicker but when I needed to speak to them about a problem with their card it was nearly impossible. I am going back to Credit Karma next year!!

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Point Me a good, reliable source?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Per IRS In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. IRS website 

Screenshot_20200414-061009_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-061014_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-061017_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-123317_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-123332_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-123408_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-123317_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-123332_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200413-123408_Samsung Internet.jpg

Everyone saying they are done with turbo tax. It's not there fault how ppl or when ppl are receiving there payments I've read nurses and essential workers are getting there pay first. So let me get this clear when your done with turbo tax and a situation like this pops up again and the next time turbo tax is faster than your new tax filer are you gonna be done with them too?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies